Creative Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February Crop 11pm - Breaking up Big Scrappy Projects

3 posters

Go down

February Crop 11pm - Breaking up Big Scrappy Projects Empty February Crop 11pm - Breaking up Big Scrappy Projects

Post by rukristin Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:15 pm

I used to always stress out SO much about scrapbooking major events, vacations, anything that had a long time frame or anything that I had taken a lot of photos of.

My tips will hopefully let you scrap the meaningful memories/what you remember most and not let you forget anything.

Step One:

Start with an outline on paper, of everything you want to capture. Just start writing a list.

I usually write mine out as timelines. I write in the major events first, and then start to fill in between with other things I know I want to scrap.

Step Two:

Take a look at your list and organize it according to pages you want to scrap.

If you want to do it chronologically, put your list in chronological order.
If you want to scrap about themes; order your list thematically, etc. (This is useful if you have multiple kids and each kid has their own memories)

Step Three:

Now using your outline, write notes about what pictures you might have, what journaling you might want to use, funny quotes, memorabilia, etc.

Step Four:

Start scrapping! I find that its easiest to start with whatever inspires me most, and just start crossing things off my outline as I go. You'll be really surprised at how less overwhelming a project becomes when you can see exactly what you have done and what you have left to do.

Bonus Tips
Pick out a couple products you want to use the most, and use these throughout your project to give it a cohesive look.
Two or three shades of cardstock (or you can be boring like me and use kraft 99% of the time lol) and 5-6 sheets of patterned paper will go a long way when creating a big project!
Grab two sets of big letters, and two or three sets of small letters and those for all your lettering.
Remember, big projects like this are not about making something incredibly beautiful, or artsy. The beauty is in the magnitude of what you are documenting. So keep it simple, and you'll be coming back to it again and again.

Thanks for reading:)
and if anyone is interested, I would be willing to take pictures and do a long form tutorial of my next big project:)

rukristin
rukristin

http://rukristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

February Crop 11pm - Breaking up Big Scrappy Projects Empty Re: February Crop 11pm - Breaking up Big Scrappy Projects

Post by rukristin Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Posting this early cause I'm starving and I wanna take a shower!
rukristin
rukristin

http://rukristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

February Crop 11pm - Breaking up Big Scrappy Projects Empty Re: February Crop 11pm - Breaking up Big Scrappy Projects

Post by jessicabree Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:46 pm

Laughing

I was like What!? Its past 11 already?
jessicabree
jessicabree
Admin

http://www.jessicabree.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrapHappy Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:01 am

Great breakdown! Lurrrve it! February Crop 11pm - Breaking up Big Scrappy Projects 244260
ScrapHappy
ScrapHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down