Creative Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now the DH has switched cities he wants to move too...ATL anyone??

+4
Mara
rukristin
asarasota
Kaymcee
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Now the DH has switched cities he wants to move too...ATL anyone?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Now the DH has switched cities he wants to move too...ATL anyone??

Post by jessicabree Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:30 pm

lol

It is a really nice area but the nickname makes me giggle.
jessicabree
jessicabree
Admin

http://www.jessicabree.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Now the DH has switched cities he wants to move too...ATL anyone?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Now the DH has switched cities he wants to move too...ATL anyone??

Post by Sheila Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Nickname aside....it does have some outstanding schools.

Not that it's the only area that has great schools, but school districts can vary so much around here, it's something to watch out for.
Sheila
Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:21 am

Im super close to Doraville and it really depends on where you are. Some sections are nicer than others. And even Chamblee has some gentrification.

Mara
Mara
Admin

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaymcee Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:18 am

don't mind gentrification. Lived in Chicago for years & experienced the early stages of it. Diversity isn't a problem...kids are taught that everyone is equal and understand that DH & I won't accept anything less.

We're looking for good schools, decent house that doesn't require a lot of work as soon as we move in and at least 1/2acre lot.

I have a realtor contacted and am working through her site to find homes. Found many in Marietta, some in Kennesaw/Alparetta/Smyrna/Woodstock. Commute isn't an issue as DH will be either on the road or telecommuting. Our goal is for him not to work to pay the bills only but to come home and know that we can afford to go out to play too. It's pricey here and our property taxes ($8k) are killing us!!!

I can't wait until we're down there physically looking at homes and choosing the best for our family. So excited! And I'm thrilled that you ladies can give feedback too! So appreciate that!!!!
Kaymcee
Kaymcee

http://justbits-n-pieces.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicabree Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:53 pm

There is great diversity in all areas here Kristine! its something I love. Not only is there a decent sized black & Mexican community, but there are a good bit of various Asian populations and plenty of people from Europe and other places in the US as transplants. I love all the different kinds of foods you can find here.
jessicabree
jessicabree
Admin

http://www.jessicabree.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarabear Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:05 pm

I have a friend who is a real estate agent in Atlanta..I love looking at the homes on FB
let me know if you want me to hook you up
Sarabear
Sarabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2