Creative Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launch Party: Handmade ribbon flower tutorial with Sara! (6pm EST)

+10
HappyStamper
ScrapHappy
asarasota
Laura
Liz
mvance
Sarabear
KimL141
jessicabree
Sara Laurent
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Launch Party: Handmade ribbon flower tutorial with Sara! (6pm EST) - Page 2 Empty Re: Launch Party: Handmade ribbon flower tutorial with Sara! (6pm EST)

Post by mvance Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:30 am

Sarabear wrote:I give up

Sara if I can do it you can too!!!
mvance
mvance

Back to top Go down

Launch Party: Handmade ribbon flower tutorial with Sara! (6pm EST) - Page 2 Empty Re: Launch Party: Handmade ribbon flower tutorial with Sara! (6pm EST)

Post by Mara Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:33 am

aww Sara don't give up! I think the problem is your ribbon is too short. I had the same problem too (well the end result was the same- not enough scrunchiness!)

Mara
Mara
Admin

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Laurent Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Everyones look SO wonderful!!!

Scraphappy- Those are seriously adorable!!! You did such an awesome job!

Marsha- I love the spin you gave the ribbon flower!

Sara- Nooo dont give up! It looks like you are there! Maybe there is just a little something funky going on. Longer pieces of ribbon work better. Maybe take a better pic if you can. PM me and I will be more than happy to help you out!
Sara Laurent
Sara Laurent

http://www.scrappingmemorylane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarabear Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:09 pm

ok so...I want a small flower, how long should it be
and am I sewing all 4 sides?
Sarabear
Sarabear

Back to top Go down

Post by ceekay Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm loving all the wonderful flowers!
ceekay
ceekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Laurent Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Sarabear wrote:ok so...I want a small flower, how long should it be
and am I sewing all 4 sides?

For a small flower you can use a piece of ribbon about 6 inches and pull real tight. You only sew 3 sides. Start with your vertical side sewing down, then sew your horizontal side going right then your last vertical side going up then pull. Then when hyou get the shape of your flower you just stitch the two vertical sides together
Sara Laurent
Sara Laurent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarabear Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:02 pm

ok that's what I was doing
Sarabear
Sarabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Laurent Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Do you have better pics maybe I can see what is wrong. Or maybe try another one and see if it goes better this time.
Sara Laurent
Sara Laurent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Laurent Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:37 pm

UPDATE ON AWARDED POINTS !

Kim will pick the winners at random and award the points later. You have until midnight to do all challenges. Kim will add your bonus points to your totals in the thread!
Sara Laurent
Sara Laurent

Back to top Go down

Post by KimL141 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:52 pm

SCRAPHAPPY - I will add 10 POINTS to your total for this project!
KimL141
KimL141
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieK Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:38 am

Gorgeous flowers!!! It reminds me of the loopy flowers I make...which reminds me that I need to make a tutorial for them...if I don't get lazy.

Love everything that everyone made!

And Miss Sara...that wedding ring is FABULOUS!!!
StevieK
StevieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2