Creative Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Monday Morning

+11
rukristin
Mara
{Laura}
KimL141
leslie
HappyStamper
scrappnness
Tamara
Sarabear
Liz
asarasota
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Good Monday Morning - Page 2 Empty Re: Good Monday Morning

Post by rukristin Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Kim, don't worry. Things will be better in two weeks. Thats when everyone stops going to class and things get so much less congested.
rukristin
rukristin

http://rukristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rukristin Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm gonna attempt to organize my embellishments today.

Its always so damned hard to organize them...ugh.

I started out by separating flat embellishments--stickers, rub-ons, etc from 3-d ones--chipboard, flowers, etc

We'll see how much more I get done.
rukristin
rukristin

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyStamper Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:46 pm

scrappnness wrote:
HappyStamper wrote:Good morning! Good Monday Morning - Page 2 739715
I got sidetracked this morning looking at a peek of the spring items that will be in my kit. I've decided to sign up as a consultant for Thirty-one but am waiting for the spring catalog to come out on the 15th to order my kit.

What is Thirty-one Cindy?? I've never heard of it?? Good Monday Morning - Page 2 664242

www.thirtyonegifts.com totes, purses, wallets, etc.
HappyStamper
HappyStamper

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyStamper Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:48 pm

leslie wrote:I don't feel well this morning. don't know what it is exactly. I just don't feel right.

Please call a friend nearby so they can keep tabs on you. I worry about you now that you live alone again. Good Monday Morning - Page 2 646696
HappyStamper
HappyStamper

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyStamper Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:58 pm

rukristin wrote:Yes Kim. It would be SO much better.

Instead of trying to tell me that I'm being irrational (thanks I know that already). Can't I just have like a hug and a cookie?

Good Monday Morning - Page 2 646696 Good Monday Morning - Page 2 Cookie
HappyStamper
HappyStamper

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyStamper Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Those of you in the south will have to forgive me for being slightly amused by the fact that your weather is worse than mine right now. Good Monday Morning - Page 2 251921
HappyStamper
HappyStamper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:10 pm

We've had quite a good time playing outside. Now it's time for the mini snow fairy to take a nap and for me to knock out some spaghetti sauce so I can do some school work.... or take a nap... haven't decided which one I want to do yet. Wink
Tess
Tess

http://damnthereiam.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyStamper Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Tess wrote:We've had quite a good time playing outside. Now it's time for the mini snow fairy to take a nap and for me to knock out some spaghetti sauce so I can do some school work.... or take a nap... haven't decided which one I want to do yet. Wink

A nap sounds good to me! Unfortunately, my little munchkins aren't cooperating.
HappyStamper
HappyStamper

Back to top Go down

Post by rukristin Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:20 pm

HappyStamper wrote:Those of you in the south will have to forgive me for being slightly amused by the fact that your weather is worse than mine right now. Good Monday Morning - Page 2 251921

That was what I giggled at this morning, then I looked at our weather report. and apparently we're going to get accumulating snow on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Good Monday Morning - Page 2 976224
rukristin
rukristin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappnness Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:01 pm

HappyStamper wrote:
scrappnness wrote:
HappyStamper wrote:Good morning! Good Monday Morning - Page 2 739715
I got sidetracked this morning looking at a peek of the spring items that will be in my kit. I've decided to sign up as a consultant for Thirty-one but am waiting for the spring catalog to come out on the 15th to order my kit.

What is Thirty-one Cindy?? I've never heard of it?? Good Monday Morning - Page 2 664242

www.thirtyonegifts.com totes, purses, wallets, etc.

Good Monday Morning - Page 2 208116

HappyStamper wrote:Those of you in the south will have to forgive me for being slightly amused by the fact that your weather is worse than mine right now. Good Monday Morning - Page 2 251921

I find it funny, how little snow they can get and things close! My friend lives in NC, and schools there are closed "just in case" if they get snow (which they haven't as of yet), and the governor there has declared it a state of emergency!

scrappnness

http://scrappnness.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rukristin Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:20 pm

there's a pretty big difference between places that have snow plows on hand for every community to be used multiple times throughout the year, and places that rarely see enough snow to warrant a single snow plow for an entire county.

Especially when there are children that need to be bussed to school. If you have no way of plowing the roads, then really you can't be sending kids to school.
rukristin
rukristin

Back to top Go down

Post by asarasota Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Went by school, and the flags are flying at half mast. The wind is shredding them something awful. It's dark as night here at 3:21.
I scrapped some bug photos.

asarasota

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 pm

rukristin wrote:there's a pretty big difference between places that have snow plows on hand for every community to be used multiple times throughout the year, and places that rarely see enough snow to warrant a single snow plow for an entire county.

Especially when there are children that need to be bussed to school. If you have no way of plowing the roads, then really you can't be sending kids to school.

Thats exactly the problem in Atlanta. There are so few snow plows or salt/sand machines that most subdivisions are on their own. As are most of the side roads. Unless it warms up considerable Im not going anywhere tomorrow either.
Mara
Mara
Admin

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappnness Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Mara wrote:
rukristin wrote:there's a pretty big difference between places that have snow plows on hand for every community to be used multiple times throughout the year, and places that rarely see enough snow to warrant a single snow plow for an entire county.

Thats exactly the problem in Atlanta. There are so few snow plows or salt/sand machines that most subdivisions are on their own. As are most of the side roads. Unless it warms up considerable Im not going anywhere tomorrow either.

So does your work let you have off or do they close? The few times that I've had to call in because I can't get out the driveway (I live in the country 40 mins away from my work), my work freaks out at me. And my work never closes on their own (5 guys whose attitudes are, then you should have 4WD). If the DTA buses are closed, then we are, however, in the 5 years of working there, the DTA shut down early once, and that was it.

scrappnness

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:11 pm

scrappnness wrote:So does your work let you have off or do they close? The few times that I've had to call in because I can't get out the driveway (I live in the country 40 mins away from my work), my work freaks out at me. And my work never closes on their own (5 guys whose attitudes are, then you should have 4WD). If the DTA buses are closed, then we are, however, in the 5 years of working there, the DTA shut down early once, and that was it.

MARTA (Our public transport system in Atlanta) has shut bus service today. My work sent an email out last night stating we were closed. Luckily I work for a really small great company and most of the employees can work remotely so its not a big deal for us.

But most of metro atlanta I would imagine is closed. Theres just no way for people to travel safely. The mayor is urging people to stay home.
Mara
Mara
Admin

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:23 pm

schools are closed tomorrow, too.

and the nap won.
Tess
Tess

http://damnthereiam.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappnness Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Has anyone heard from Leslie since this morning? I was wondering if she was feeling any better?

scrappnness

Back to top Go down

Post by rukristin Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Same in Jersey, we can handle about 3-4 inches of snow overnight. Anything else and there just isnt enough stuff to get rid of it fast enough. And once they shut down the public transportation---you know its bad. Especially when there are 2319 million cars traveling on every road.

Last year my entire office closed 3 different times.
rukristin
rukristin

Back to top Go down

Post by KimL141 Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Unfortunately, I live in an area where snow is VERY common and it takes a lot to get things to close down. Schools close often for weather, but 99% of other things stay open. Which sucks for people that have to drive to work and risk their lives for their jobs. I remember one day it took me 2 hours to get to work which in normally a 15-20 minute drive because the roads were so horrible and I had to keep pulling over to scrape off my windshield, but they did not close my work. Oh, and I worked at a hair salon at the mall, so we had NO customers, but we had to stay open all day. I managed the salon, so I called all my employees and told them to stay home and I just worked by myself all day so that I didn't have to make anyone else make the drive.

Wow, that was a long story!
KimL141
KimL141
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:54 pm

i totally agree about the snow prep. i live in maine & dealing with snow is just another every day occourence in the winter. i can see where snow would stop daily life in a southern state.
Katie
Katie

http://scissorsspatulasandsneakers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:56 pm

all this talk about snow reminds me that we are supposed to get 12 inches of the fluffy white stuff on Wednesday. I want to move to Florida!
Katie
Katie

http://scissorsspatulasandsneakers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by asarasota Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:08 pm

I'll check Chicks and SLS to see if Leslie has been around today... brb

asarasota

Back to top Go down

Post by asarasota Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:13 pm

I can't MMOB... she's at her Mom's visiting today.

asarasota

Back to top Go down

Post by Pooky Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:42 pm

hello, i made it to FL, breezy but cloudy
worked all afternoon with the balcony door open
ahhhhhh
getting a little chilly now.
i think i'm gonna take a warm shower and snooooooze
Pooky
Pooky

http://pookyjo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by asarasota Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Forgot to post these this a.m.

today’s deals

Craftysteals.com Unity stamp kits
Peachchyeap.com Pebbles chips
Scrapbooksteals.com Doodlebug designs til 11 a.m.
Flowers and Flourishes Ranger pearls
CropChocolate changes all day long

asarasota

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next