Ears Pierced

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ears Pierced

Post by Tamara on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:07 am

So Hannah and I went out shopping today with two of her friends and
their moms. We went to find their Carnival Costumes (they dress up like
we do for Halloween). They wanted to be triplets. So we went to buy
all the same clothes. While we were out, they chose ear rings to wear.
But Hannah does not have pierced ears. So I told her we could go and
do it today if she wanted then she could also wear the new earrings on
Carnival, because it is still 6 weeks away. So, without talking it over
with DH, I took her and got her ears pierced. She is so excited, but
was so nervous. I wish I would of had my camera with.

Now to hear what DH thinks.

Oh and Bree, when they gave me my fancy receipt, I knew right away I was using for the Memorabilia Project. Very Happy
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Re: Ears Pierced

Post by jessicabree on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:25 am

1) super cool on the pierced ears!
2) I think some things are sort of mom/daughter things like getting your ears pierced and getting your first make-up and its cool you two shared this!
3) yay on the receipt!
jessicabree
Admin

http://www.jessicabree.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyStamper on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:29 am

HappyStamper

Back to top Go down

Post by KAT on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Awww, yay! How fun!

We didn't pierce Kailey's ears when she was a baby. I would have but hubby didn't want to. He thought we should wait until she's old enough to ask for it. So I will have to take her when she is older. I think I was 8 or 9 when I had mine pierced.
KAT

Back to top Go down

Post by monica on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Aww!

I had my ears pierced when I was in 5th grade and it made me sick to my stomach. I even fainted when it came time to take them out of my ears for the first time. lol

Abigail had her ears pierced at 9 when she was with her dad. I remember them calling me asking if it was okay and me thinking, no it's not because I'm not there! But I let them do it. Couldn't help but love that they were both comfortable enough to do that kind of a girl thing together.

monica

http://www.scrapfreak.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:56 pm

I didn't get mine done until I was 5. I would love to pierce Bella's ears, but Z wants to wait until she's old enough to ask for them. Ironically, he has 3 holes in one ear and 1 in the other... but he wants her to want it. I don't care when she wants to do it. And, if she asked tomorrow, I'd probably take her.

How much fun for Hannah, though! I'm sure Dad will be understanding!
Tess

http://damnthereiam.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by asarasota on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:03 pm

I think I was 13 or 14... I was a tomboy pretty much, earrings and any jewelry got in the way of basketball...
have not let my dd pierce hers yet and she's 13. I guess I'd let her if she asked!
----
What a sweet mother and daughter thing, tho, Tam--sounds like a nice day out! What triplet costumes were picked by the girls?
Glad Hannah is happy, how fun.

asarasota

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:09 pm

No costumes. Just clothes that are exactly the same. They got jean shorts and are wearing white leggings underneath. We also got blue socks. Then they are wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a 3/4 length blue and white flower shirt on top of it. Then they got a blue headband and butterfly dangly earrings to wear with it. It was an expensive day. But, I am just glad that all items Hannah can wear again on any day she wants to.
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:11 pm

How cool of you! My mother REFUSED to let me get my ears pierced till I was 15 I think. I remember my dad taking me a couple of months before my birthday and how mad my mom got.

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:13 pm

I remember I did mine while I was home from College on Thanksgiving Break.
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicabree on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:41 pm

I remember getting them but don't remember how old I was... I am thinking Jr. High School. I remember being nervous but it not really hurting that much but I also remember walking thru the mall, not being able to stop thinking about my ears because of the little sting. Oh and I think we went to Claire's because I swear I can remember the bottle of the stuff they came me to clean your ears and earrings with and it was purple and I think said Claire's on it.
jessicabree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:45 pm

jessicabree wrote:I remember getting them but don't remember how old I was... I am thinking Jr. High School. I remember being nervous but it not really hurting that much but I also remember walking thru the mall, not being able to stop thinking about my ears because of the little sting. Oh and I think we went to Claire's because I swear I can remember the bottle of the stuff they came me to clean your ears and earrings with and it was purple and I think said Claire's on it.

I had mine done at Claire's too!

My dad took me to get mine done so I could have them when we went to Germany and i could feel more grown up. He said if they were willing to let me go overseas I could poke holes in my body if I wanted to,

Ironically they are closed over and I soooo want to get them redone and get my cartilage pierced too.

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicabree on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:48 pm

I love your Dad's reasoning!

I got second holes only like 5 years ago, and one closed up completely. Sometimes I want to get it redone but I have a lot of allergies so wearing earrings is hard.
jessicabree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:17 pm

I have two holes as well. I hardly ever wear ear rings. It is from having babies. I stopped wearing all jewelry due to them pulling on them or me scratching them (with my wedding ring).

I got mine done, perhaps from claire's as well. Could of been afterthoughts, I am not sure.

I got my second holes done I think in 1994. I only know the year because I was working at a Jewelry store and the new employees have to learn how to pierce ears (Yes, I did a lot of ear piercing back in the days). They usually bring in people willing to get their ears done to practice on. One girl could not find anyone, so she used my ears and I got my 2nd holes.

Which brings me to today.....the lady was dotting Hannah's ears, and I said....Can I please? And I decided where to put them. She was putting them in the wrong place. I think I might have had more practice than she has. lol
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyStamper on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:04 pm

My mother didn't let me get mine done until I was sixteen because "if God wanted holes in your ears you would have been born with them". I was soooo pissed when she sat down and got hers done right after me! Oh, and she let my sister get hers done at 12! I got second piercings when I was 18 and did a third hole at work on my 21st birthday. I worked at Two Plus Two which was like Claire's.

Kim's psychology professor last semester called her a liar when she told about getting her ears pierced but I swear it's true!- She was only two when she started asking for pierced ears but I told her she had to wait until she was big enough to clean and turn them twice a day all by herself so probably not until she was old enough for school. Well she kept at me and convinced me that she was a big girl who could take care of her ears so I let her get it done for her third birthday. And, yes, she did take care of them herself! (I swear the girl thought she was an adult from the time she could speak and those of you who have met her know how smart she is.)

Kacie got her ears pierced at nine months because I was tired of people thinking she was a boy! Tom wouldn't let me put headbands on her because it reminded him of her having to have a tourniquet around her head so the could get a vein once.

Lou kept refusing to let Kim get Julia's ears pierced because he didn't want to intentionally inflict pain on his child. I think what finally got him to give in is when I mentioned what many little boys have done to them when they are babies and they are not traumatized for life because they can't even remember it.

HappyStamper

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:53 am

That is great Tamara. Great mother daughter experience.
Liz

http://lovinglife-liz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:37 am

Cindy, that is funny!
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down