Creative Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Job in Georgia

+9
Sheila
rukristin
asarasota
HappyStamper
monica
Laura
Sarabear
Mara
Tamara
13 posters

Go down

Possible Job in Georgia Empty Possible Job in Georgia

Post by Tamara Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 am

OK, since I opened up the can of worms, or spilled the beans in a different thread, I thought I would start my own thread so not to hijack the other thread completely. Very Happy

Every week or so, I Check online for jobs in specific states. And then I forward them on to Gardner (my husband, for those who do not know. lol). These have led to interviews, but then rejection. Or just straight out rejection without an interview. Last night while searching, I found a job listing for something he does from WITHIN his company. And it was in Georgia. It lead me to go look on the Companys website and what I saw made my jaw drop.

On January 31, there were 66 different job postings within his company. Now, I check every other week or so and normally, there is just one here or one there. But usually not in his field. But out of the 66, there were 12. There are 6 in Georgia, 3 in Florida, 3 in Mississippi.

And on January 28, there were 7 for his specific field posted. 6 in Alabama and 1 in Florida.

In Georgia, the offices are
*Albany
*Columbus
*Valdosta
*Macon
*Atlanta
*Marietta

Now, I have always loved the idea of him staying with his same company. He has been working there for 15 years and with the economy, I felt like it was more secure for him to stay with his company than go with a new one. We just never thought it was possible. And then last night, it gave me a glimmer of hope. It still might not work out, as he has to go through the interviewing process like everyone else and see if he is a match. But it is still hope that I did not have 24 hours ago.

But now the question is, where do we try to work? I am pushing Georgia with him because of my scrappy friends I already have there. Very Happy But I do not know Georgia at all. Six offices for him to look into. I need some Georgia help.

I want something safe. I want something with reasonable housing. I want something close to you girls. Please help direct me in the right direction so I can direct Gardner.

And please, please, please.....start praying. Gardner is a bit worried because once he applies, the new job manager will contact his current job manager and they do not know that Gardner is trying to move back. But eventually, that will have to happen if we want to leave. But he is concerned because we have a company car and they made an allowance for a HUGE van for our family since we have 5 kids. And he is worried about the car (kind of silly to me, but hey, I can not dis his concerns). And the lease on the van is up in January 2012. And it will be hard to find someone to take over the lease with it being such a big van where everything here in Germany is so small.

Anyway, if you have made it this far in my novel, thank you! And any help you girls can give me, I would appreciate it.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Possible Job in Georgia Empty Re: Possible Job in Georgia

Post by Mara Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:24 am

I am so hopeful you will get to move here and I will keep my fingers crossed for Gardner.

If youw ant to be close to us Atlanta and Marietta are your two top choices. Macon is about 90 minutes away. Albany, Columbus and Valdosta are on the other end of the state (you might be closer to work in Birmingham AL if that's a choice.)
Mara
Mara
Admin

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:38 am

Birmingham is a choice. Man, I need a map. lol
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:49 am

The thing to sort of keep in mind is GA is actually a huge state. Birmingham is about 2 hours west of Atlanta
Mara
Mara
Admin

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarabear Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:50 am

I'll be praying for you Tam
not only for coming back to USA but close to the gals in GA
Sarabear
Sarabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Crossing my fingers for you guys that everything works out the way it's supposed to!
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by monica Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Hope this works out for you Tam!
monica
monica

http://www.scrapfreak.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyStamper Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Possible Job in Georgia 202853
HappyStamper
HappyStamper

Back to top Go down

Post by asarasota Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:05 pm

sending t's and :prayer:s

asarasota

Back to top Go down

Post by rukristin Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Me too Tam!
rukristin
rukristin

http://rukristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheila Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Cool....maybe they could hire my dh too!!! Possible Job in Georgia 69815

I can give you a run down...I'm fairly familiar with these.

In Georgia, the offices are
*Albany- south/central area, totally hick. You would hate it.
*Columbus-this little city borders Alabama and it's nice enough to raise a family, but still far enough from metro Atlanta to feel not a part of the Atlanta life
*Valdosta-very south, almost bordering the Florida line. About 3 hours+ from Atlanta
*Macon-YUCK, YUCK, and YUCK.
*Atlanta- Yay!
*Marietta-Double YAY....I live in Marietta, so it's ALL good. Possible Job in Georgia 4591

Someone mentioned Birmingham....and I have to say I really like Birmingham. It is 2 1/2 hours west of Atlanta, but lots of really nice areas, and I've grown pretty fond of it. I go there every month and it's not a bad drive.
Sheila
Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicabree Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:15 pm

Good info Sheila! I told her I didn't not know if she would like Macon or Valdosta only because my vague impression was not great.

Tam it's hard for me to judge "affordable" housing because everyone has a diff idea of what is affordable. Obviously Atlanta and Marietta are more because they are more urban.
jessicabree
jessicabree
Admin

http://www.jessicabree.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:07 pm

And when you figure out where you're going to be, let me know so I can give you a run down on schools. Some of the public schools are really crappy, so you want to factor that into your choice. Unless, of course, you want to homeschool or send your kiddos to private schools. Smile

Last edited by Tess on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)
Tess
Tess

http://damnthereiam.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:03 am

Um, no homeschool and no private. So if and when I know something, I will be coming to you, tess. Very Happy

And I did not think marietta was all that expensive. Matter of fact, I thought it was very affordable.

I'll keep everyone posted when and if I ever hear anything.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheila Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:10 am

If you do end up in Marietta, I can help you with which parts you might prefer (it's really pretty large). I've lived in Marietta now, let's just say it's a very long time (# of years really not needed- Laughing )

And of course, when we bought our house we made sure to be in the best school district in GA (ranks in the top 3 every year) only to have the moron mother of my steps move the kids to Florida. Don't get me started!! Possible Job in Georgia 705759

All that to say I know which areas of Marietta you might prefer. Very Happy
Sheila
Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post by ceekay Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:34 pm

addin g my good thoughts that this works out for you!
ceekay
ceekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:33 am

Wishing you lots of luck getting back to the US!
Katie
Katie

http://scissorsspatulasandsneakers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum