Creative Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies I need motivation, help, a swift kick in the rear.......

4 posters

Go down

Ladies I need motivation, help, a swift kick in the rear....... Empty Ladies I need motivation, help, a swift kick in the rear.......

Post by jennaroo Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Here's the deal when I moved here in 2007, Emilee my youngest was 4 months old.....I weighed 127 lbs! Well I guess I got a little to comfy, confident, old I dunno......I have gained almost 20 lbs. I thought I weighed 137 now but got on the scale last night and 144.......errrr what have I done? I have no idea where to start, what exercises work and what do not, what to eat, how to count points or calories. I tried diet and exercise maybe like 2 yrs ago now I guess and went on an all special K, grilled fish, brocoli, rice and ice tea diet with exercise for 2 months and DH lost 4lbs and I gained....I was also taking water pills.....wth???

So help me, I refuse to weigh 144 or even 137 I want to be 125-130 TOPS!!!!! Wat do I do? I do not want to spend extra money either on crazy diet supplements, food, or equipment. I also don't wanna read a whole book on what I need to do, lol.

HELP PLEASE!
jennaroo
jennaroo

http://heldscraptive.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Ladies I need motivation, help, a swift kick in the rear....... Empty Re: Ladies I need motivation, help, a swift kick in the rear.......

Post by Mara Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 pm

All weight loss boils down to eating less calories than you burn for the day. No magic nothing overly scientific. It doesn't even matter (for weight loss) what the calories are made of. You just need to take in less than your body burns.

I find I only lose weight consistently if I track everything I eat and drink. You'd be amazed a t how quickly the calories can add up.

If you want a free online way to do this I suggest sparkpeople.com. They have a way to track your weight, food intake and activity every day.

As someone who will never even see 144 again all I can say is there are no healthy quick fixes. Increase your exercise, do a little weight lifting to help build lean muscle mass to increase metabolism and watch what you eat.

There are a munch of us on here trying to lose weight and we are all supporting each other Smile
Mara
Mara
Admin

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Ladies I need motivation, help, a swift kick in the rear....... Empty Re: Ladies I need motivation, help, a swift kick in the rear.......

Post by jessicabree Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Its interesting that even Weight Watchers now says not all calories are equal. They claim protein and fiber take more energy to digest and that fat and carbs are more easily stored as fat.

Its really up to what works for you. Like, what do you think your main issues are: portion control? eating too many snacks? etc.

I love Weight Watchers and its like $13 a month online and its not that hard to do but it does take a bit of getting used to. But like Mara suggested Sparkpeople can be great! And free Smile I think tracking what you eat and reducing calories and moving more is what almost everything tells you to do.

jessicabree
jessicabree
Admin

http://www.jessicabree.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jennaroo Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:16 pm

I think I try to skip meals to loose and then by dinner I eat to much maybe? I was drinking to much pop, which I am already cutting down on.

I think the biggest issue is I'm not active enough.

Mara, lol ppl say 144 like oh your lucky ect ect......I'm short 5' 1" if I were taller it would be better. being short you see those extra lbs.
jennaroo
jennaroo

http://heldscraptive.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:20 pm

The more good information you can arm yourself with, the better, when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. Support is also huge...sparkpeople ( like mara recommended) & myfitnesspal.com are free online sources of food & exercise tracking, articles, and social networking.

Eating whole foods and portion control are a great way to start, but being able to sustain it for the rest of your life is important. Make changes that you can live with.

I honestly can not take weight off & gain it back easily when I do not exercise. It is just part of my make up. I love to run and walk...both are free. Smile

I need a good swift kick in the booty these days too. Wink

Katie
Katie

http://scissorsspatulasandsneakers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down