Creative Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20

+19
Kaymcee
Chickie
*Nikki*
Sheila
Laura
KimL141
Sara Laurent
ceekay
leslie
Tess
Katie
Tamara
jennaroo
HappyStamper
rukristin
asarasota
jessicabree
Mara
Scrappinlala
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 Empty Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20

Post by Scrappinlala Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Hey Ladies!! Just stopping in really quick! Wanted to grab some Prayers for Monica...

She had a heart attack last night. She is in ICU. Jason is on his way back to the hospital now... and he will be updating us at the Chick hopefully soon.

Just wanted you guys to know and get some prayers and good thoughts for her!!

La-

Update from Bree:

Monica seems to be recovering very well and they are looking to move her to a regular room which is obviously good news They confirmed she had a heart attack and they put a stint in last night. WHY she had so much blockage and a heart attack seem to be a mystery to them. So I imagine they may do more tests, but not sure. She will need some cardiac recovery but otherwise they said she should be fine and not have any real issues in the future.

Hopefully I got that all down correct! Mon wanted Jason to call so both boards knew what was going on. Jason expects she'll want to get online in her regular room if is not too tired.

Update from Chickie on Scrap Chicks: 9:25pm EST

Text update from Jason!
Doing pretty good. We are still in the icu room, but only because there isn't any regular rooms available. Or no staff available since it's snowing like crazy right now. She is sitting up watching tv. Eating etc, so she is doing pretty good.

Just copying Chickie's latest post here Smile

Update from Jason:

Ok, I am sorry that updates are slow, but obviously a lot going on. Here is what happened.

Monica did have a heart attack. One of her coronary arteries was 100% blocked. They did put in a stent last night and the artery is fully open and has 100% blood flow. She did good throughout the night and today. Her blood pressure is down and her heart beat definately looks much better.
NOW... Next steps. I talked to the doctor today and he said that she also has a 90 to 95% blockage in the artery at the back of her heart, and about a 60% blockage in the artery on the left side. We will have to go back in about 2 or 3 weeks and they are going to put another stent in the artery at the back. He is going to evaluate the other artery and determine if he should put another stent in the that one too.

The doctor is very optomistic, and when I asked about limitations etc, he felt confident that once these proceedures were complete that she would be able to return to her normal activities and not notice any limitations. Granted, this is best guess at this point, but nearly every single nurse on the ICU floor told me how lucky we were that our Dr was on call as he is the best cardio surgeon there.

REASON: we just dont know. She is only 43, and her weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc were all within "normal" ranges. Meaning nothing was grossly out of whack that would have caused this amount of blockage at her age. They are still doing TONS of tests, and she will be going through stress tests etc to determine why this was happening and what we need to do going forward.

We are scheduled to be released tomorrow, but I have no idea when. She is doing well and the nurses are all very satisfied with her condition. We left her watching American Idol and she was in good spirits. She just sent me a text saying she had her catheter removed and got to walk around a little and that it felt nice to move although she is very sore.

She does have her phone, but please dont text her right now. I want her to relax and get some rest for tomorrow.

Update from Monica's facebook page 2pm

Got the approval to go home. Smile
Will have to come back in a few weeks to address another artery but I'm okay now. For those of you asking what happened, I had a heart attack on Tues night...the rare percent that doesn't have any other risk factors. Leave it to me.
Scrappinlala
Scrappinlala

Back to top Go down

Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 Empty Re: Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20

Post by Mara Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:16 pm

omfg!!!!! Positive thoughts and prayers going out to her!!!!
Mara
Mara
Admin

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 Empty Re: Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20

Post by jessicabree Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:23 pm

I just got a VM from Mara on this. I feel kind of sick. How awful! I will keep watching for updates.
jessicabree
jessicabree
Admin

http://www.jessicabree.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:29 pm

jessicabree wrote:I just got a VM from Mara on this. I feel kind of sick. How awful! I will keep watching for updates.

yeah sorry for calling you at work but I thought youd want to know asap. My hands are shaking Im so freaked out. Im glad to hear shes sort of stable.
Mara
Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by asarasota Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:34 pm

I am just sick to my stomach... please keep us posted. Sending thoughts and prayers....

asarasota

Back to top Go down

Post by rukristin Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 646696 mon we love you.
rukristin
rukristin

http://rukristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyStamper Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 666863 lots of prayers!
HappyStamper
HappyStamper

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicabree Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Okay Jason just called me and I have an update:

Monica seems to be recovering very well and they are looking to move her to a regular room which is obviously good news Smile They confirmed she had a heart attack and they put a stint in last night. WHY she had so much blockage and a heart attack seem to be a mystery to them. So I imagine they may do more tests, but not sure. She will need some cardiac recovery but otherwise they said she should be fine and not have any real issues in the future.

Hopefully I got that all down correct! Mon wanted Jason to call so both boards knew what was going on. Jason expects she'll want to get online in her regular room if is not too tired.
jessicabree
jessicabree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rukristin Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:12 pm

Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 646696 thank god
rukristin
rukristin

http://rukristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jennaroo Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Omg!!! Monica and her family are in my thoughts! Hang in there girl!
jennaroo
jennaroo

http://heldscraptive.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm with you Mara. Shaking. I am also crying. I am glad there is an update. Thanks Bree for that. How scary for her and her family. Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 202853
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:35 pm

omg! i am shaking. even though i read she is ok, i am still nerved up. so young, so young.

thank you for the update bree.

healthy thoughts and prayers being said for her!!!
Katie
Katie

http://scissorsspatulasandsneakers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Im so glad to hear she's going to be ok. Heres to a speedy recovery for her!
Mara
Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Holy Sh!t. Prayer and thoughts for a speedy recovery. Please keep updating.
Tess
Tess

http://damnthereiam.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leslie Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 pm

sorry to hear this - glad for the updates...

women have totally different heart disease than men. we can pass physicals with flying colors because we don't have the same type of blockage in the main arteries.

btw, it is stent.
leslie
leslie

http://lbthmi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ceekay Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:51 pm

adding more prayers for Monica and her family!
ceekay
ceekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Laurent Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Oh my goodness!!!! This is crazy, I cant even believe what I am reading! Prayers and positive thoughs going out to her and her family! Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 646696
Sara Laurent
Sara Laurent

http://www.scrappingmemorylane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KimL141 Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:38 pm

So glad to hear the update! Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 646696 to Monica and her family!
KimL141
KimL141
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:14 pm

OMG! Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 646696 for Monica! I'm a bit shaken up - what a shock!
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by asarasota Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:09 pm

any news tonight? anything on FB?

asarasota

Back to top Go down

Post by leslie Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:25 pm

I came here also, hoping for an update...
leslie
leslie

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicabree Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:45 pm

There is nothing on her FB page and I am not friends with Jason.

I am hoping she will feel more up to it later and be able to come post herself.
jessicabree
jessicabree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leslie Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:53 pm

jessicabree wrote:There is nothing on her FB page and I am not friends with Jason.

Ok, I am basing my comment on my personal experience with my late husband's heart procedures and attacks...

The hospital may not allow cellphones or computers to be used in their ICU or Selective Care Units. They tend to interfere with all the monitors that are being used. And I'm sure she is exhausted, and in pain, especially since they did angioplasty and put in a stent.

I guess what I am saying is, no news is good news at the moment...I pray.

leslie
leslie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheila Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:55 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!

How is that possible????? Sending all the good thoughts I can..... Prayers Needed for Monica **Updated 2pm EST** 1/20 646696
Sheila
Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicabree Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:01 pm

leslie wrote:
jessicabree wrote:There is nothing on her FB page and I am not friends with Jason.

Ok, I am basing my comment on my personal experience with my late husband's heart procedures and attacks...

The hospital may not allow cellphones or computers to be used in their ICU or Selective Care Units. They tend to interfere with all the monitors that are being used. And I'm sure she is exhausted, and in pain, especially since they did angioplasty and put in a stent.

I guess what I am saying is, no news is good news at the moment...I pray.

Oh I agree on the phones and stuff. Jason said they were working on a regular room and unless she decided to sleep he thought she would get online from her new room. I know getting a room can take a lot longer than you expect plus she might be resting now. I agree. I am going with no news is good news and hoping for the best.
jessicabree
jessicabree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next