Creative Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk Tuesday 3.1 - Sleeping

+4
monica
Mara
asarasota
rukristin
8 posters

Go down

Talk Tuesday 3.1 - Sleeping Empty Talk Tuesday 3.1 - Sleeping

Post by rukristin Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Today's Talk Tuesday is about sleeping.

How many hours a day do you sleep? Are you on the same sleep schedule every day? Are you a morning or night person? What are your secrets to a good night's sleep?
rukristin
rukristin

http://rukristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Talk Tuesday 3.1 - Sleeping Empty Re: Talk Tuesday 3.1 - Sleeping

Post by rukristin Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:15 pm

For me, I always used to be a horrible horrible sleeper. Then I found out that listening to audio books with headphones lets me ignore everything else going on around me and fall into a good sleep.

I'm now able to sleep through the night, and sleep most places away from home. I'm a total night person--I always have been I get so much more done at night, almost all of my creativity happens at night. It also really helps when I sleep in a cool room with a couple of thin blankets and a fan.

rukristin
rukristin

http://rukristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by asarasota Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:27 pm

I don't sleep much, my brain turns on early and wakes me up...

asarasota

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:44 pm

I have delayed onset insomnia which means it takes me forever to fall asleep (like a minimum of 1.5-2 hours from the time I get in bed). Some nights its 3-4 hours.

I do have a Rx that I try not to take as I get too easily dependent on them. The one thing that has helped is playing water sounds through my ipod as I fall asleep. I turn them on the minute I get in bed and they do help me slow the racing thoughts down a bit.

I used to be a night person but I find as I get older Im now a early evening person. I think Im at my best from like 8- midnight.
Mara
Mara
Admin

http://studiolorange.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by monica Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:05 pm

I can fall asleep in about 3 seconds if needed.

I typically go to bed around 10 and will read for a while before usually falling asleep with the book (or phone rather since that's what I read on) in my hand. And I wake up around 7 so I normally get at least 8-9 hours sleep each night.
monica
monica

http://www.scrapfreak.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda D Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:39 pm

I have to get up at 6:20 to get the kids ready for school. I have found that I have to be in bed, lights out, by 10:30, which is almost 8 hours of sleep, as it takes a bit for me to go to sleep. Any later than 10:30 I'm dragging the next morning.
I am typically a morning person but my dh is a night owl. So I have invested in a good eye mask and earplugs - now I can sleep through him watching tv at night or his snoring. Smile
Amanda
Amanda D
Amanda D

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyStamper Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:30 pm

I normally sleep about 9 hours from 10pm to 7am but my sleep schedule has been really screwed up the past few weeks. Lately I've either had too many thoughts running through my brain to fall asleep at a reasonable hour OR I'm so exhausted that I fall asleep too early then am wide awake at a ridiculous hour of the morning!
HappyStamper
HappyStamper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pooky Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:14 pm

my anxiety kicks in at night. racing thoughts that i can't stop.
so i take drugs lol
but i usually sleep about 8 hrs. and not always the same hours.
and i'm definitely a night person.
Pooky
Pooky

http://pookyjo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Totally a night person here. As a result, I typically get much less than 8 hours. I'm in bed by about 11 on school nights, up at 5:30am for work. On weekends (even Fridays, when I've been up since pre-dawn) I can make it until 1 or 2 am no problem.

On extended breaks from work (Christmas break, spring break, summer break) I become downright nocturnal, staying up until 4 or 5 and sleeping until noon or later.
I'm a big fan of naps, particularly between 2 and 5pm.

I generally fall asleep pretty quickly, but if I'm alone I find it very hard to sleep. When I do have trouble for some unknown reason, it is very frustrating since I'm typically a pretty good sleeper.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down